SRHAC’s staff members work very hard to help residents, so they can always use a helping hand. Individuals who volunteer should be passionate about helping the less fortunate obtain permanent housing, particularly in single room occupancy units. Ideally, this individual would be articulate, detail-oriented, have good telephone etiquette and a creative mind. SRHAC will provide direction for each assignment. Prior office or research experience, while helpful, is not necessary.
- Online research
- Assist with or initiate social media accounts
- Make initial / follow-up phone calls using a script
- Compile mailing lists for special events / fundraising initiatives
- Help organize special events / fund raising projects
- Help conduct surveys/ studies and tabulate data
- Visit aldermanic offices at City Hall or neighborhood wards
- Visit non-profit housing and service agencies within the county
- Attend select meetings and events to take notes and report back to SRHAC
- Assist with marketing / publicity / promotions regarding SRHAC
For more information, call Lexie Rodriguez at 312-212-1212.